Tibet, Ganden monastery, around 40 km east of Lhassa
Ganden Namgyal Ling, or "joyful victorious temple" was founded in 1409 by Tsongkhapa, one of the highest figures of Tibetan history. More than six thousand monks used to live there. The relics ot the foundator were almost burned and the monastery practically destroyed in the late 50's and 60's. Now re-built because of its touristic interest, only a few monks, around 200 still remain in the monastery.
On the walls, tibetan symbols stay, such as:
The endless knot, or Tibetan infinite, its shape representing wisdom and compassion.
The wheel of the Dharma, or the eternal movement of the cycle of re-birth, the branches of the wheel recalling the four noble truths and the eight steps..
Nikon D800 - AF-S 70-200mm @ 200mm